Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Over the Weekend

Well Alastor has made some great progress I was riding him in an o ring snaffle and noticed it was uncomfortable to him so I took him to the vet and checked his teeth. He walked right in to the clinic like it was no big deal walked in the stocks with out a worrie. The vet asked me how old he was and if he had ever been in stocks. "I told him he was 3 and had never been in the stocks much less a vet". He was shocked at how calm he was with the hole process. His wolf teeth were in and loose and had 3 caps that were shedding. Then the next day I took him down the road to a cutters house and worked turn back for him. For the first time on cattle he did great. I collected cattle out of the pasture and turned back. He showed a lot of intrest in the cattle. I tracked a few on him and called it a day.

For the last couple of days I have been doing ground work on a course I set up in the arena. He will back through an L go over logs and barrels . I have also been doing the course under saddle he dose great at it. And for the last thing he will drag a log or tire with out spooking going forwards and backwards.

No comments: