Sunday, February 24, 2008

riding at the high school rodeo


Friday night I took Alastor to the high school rodeo. Its the North Texas High School Rodeo in Saginaw. He did so good I rode the grand entry on him and it went very well he didn't spook at any thing. I rode him around there all night and loped circles in the warm up ring where he was doing flying lead changes and sliding stops. The People seemed to be very impressed with how well he was doing considering he hasn't been in that atmosphere.


Today we went on a family trail ride at the grass lands. It was defiantly a test to how long Alastor would put up with me we rode 15 miles and some of it was rough terrain. There were big trees that had fallen you had to go over and he didn't hesitant and just jumped right over it. There was some steep trails that were on the side of the hill . Also he let me crack a bull whip off his back and rope and drag a log. He was pretty tired by the time we got back to the trailer.

4 comments:

Katee said...

wow. you two are doing just great! I can't wait to meet you both in Madison.

Marcus Wadley said...

we will be happy to meet you too

Tracey said...

Sounds like things are moving right along for the two of you! Are you planning on doing the EMM this year, since it's so much closer to your home?

Marcus Wadley said...

I hope to if I get picked I love working w/mustangs