Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Making Progress


Well Alastor and I have made a lot of progress in the last week. I was going to take him to the high school rodeo grounds to get him used to all the horses and loud noises in a controled enviroment. But I got there and there was no rodeo. So I ended up taking him down to the stock yards in down town Ft.Worth it is the original town of the cowboy.
He did great there were alot of people,cars,lights,and loud noises. Nothing seemed to bother him. I took him every where I could through the rodeo ground up and down stairs and down the roads and side walks. He did great considering it was dark out side. People were coming up to him and petting him. He looked like a little puppy. He was soaking all the attention he could.
Also I had him in the arena loaping circles and I set up a challange course. He was going over logs,tarps and through a row of barrels. Then at the end of the course he jumped over a double row of barrels.

1 comment:

Mikey said...

Love this pic!!! Wowsers!
I came to this blog a while back, then my computer died a sad death.. just refound you. I gotta say, I am SO IMPRESSED with the way you're bringing this horse along. You've come so far so quickly and so well. Can't wait to see how you do at the Challenge.
Keep up the good work and please post how things go.