Monday, January 21, 2008

Day #9


Alastor made a huge step in training progress in the last couple of days. I have been doing more ground work with him getting him to go over tarps and through hay rings . I also did work on a rope on a stick swing it buy his head and making the rope go around his neck legs and over his back. I had done all that with the lead rope but the rope on the stick was a completely different object to get accustomed to. All this lead up to the point were I was able to get on him and ride over the tarp and through the hay ring. This was also the First day for me to introduce him to spurs. After I got done I tied him up and he let me spray him with Cowboy Magic show sheen and brush his main and tail out.
Thank You for ready about Alastor and Me will have new post soon

1 comment:

Katee said...

Wow. It sounds like you are making great, great progress. I'm super jealous of you being able to bathe your mustang. I live in St. Paul, MN and it is just way too cold for horse baths up here. I can't wait to see what you two do next.